Senior Safety Manager
- Have taken courses at several schools, but have no completed degree
- University of South Florida
- University of Texas-Arlington
- University of Texas- Permian Basin
- New Mexico Jr. College
- Texas A&M
- South Plains College
- Specialist in Safety and Health (SSH) – General Industry, March 2010
- Specialist in Safety and Health (SSH) – Construction, March 2010
- Certified Safety and Health Official (CSHO) – General Industry, April 2010
- Certified Safety and Health Official (CSHO) – Construction, May 2010
- OSHA Outreach Instructor (10 & 30 Hour) – General Industry, September 2009
- PEC/Veriforce Authorized Instructor, July 2013
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Instructor, November 2010
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade 1, July 2020
- ACI Concrete Strength Testing Technician – July 2020
- HAZWOPER Instructor, September 2010
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Instructor
- NFPA 70E/Arc Flash Certification/Instructor
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
Certifications: Certified Safety and Health Official (Dual Designations-General Industry and Construction), University of Texas- Arlington, Specialist in Safety and Health (Dual-General Industry and Construction), University of Texas-Arlington, OSHA Authorized Outreach Instructor, Veriforce/PEC SafeLand Premier Instructor, NFPA 70E/Arc Flash Certification.
23 + Years’ experience in training, safety and risk management experience in a wide variety of industries including, but not limited to, construction, manufacturing, fabrication, transportation/trucking, food service and production. Mr. Finkbone has provided safety and risk management consulting services to small employers with less than 20 employees, as well as large nation- wide corporations and Municipal, State, Federal agencies. Some of the clients he has worked with include VoltaGrid, LLC, South Plains Electric COOP (SPEC), Frito Lay – North America, Land O’ Lakes (Purina brand dog food), the Department of Energy, the Department of Defense, Home Land Security, South Plains Association of Government (SPAG), the state of New Mexico, City of Roswell NM, City of Las Cruces NM, City of Albuquerque NM, Village of Ruidoso NM, the City of Lubbock, TX, TCEQ, and New Mexico Military Institute. Mr. Finkbone also has extensive specialty training experience including Electrical Safety (NEC 70E, Arc Flash/High Voltage), CPR/AED/First Aid, Confined Space/Permit Required Confined Space, HAZWOPER, Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), Fall Protection, Ergonomics, Excavation Safety, HM-126F (DOT HazMat), and Veriforce/PEC SafeLand Premier Instructor.
- Developed and Provides new hire/ongoing safety and electrical safe practices training (up to 13.8 KV) for national power and fuel solutions provider for remote and grid-parallel applications.
- Implemented and managed a risk management and training programs to reduce risk exposures and EMR rates for clients throughout multiple industries.
- Conducted training sessions via webinar, teleconferencing, and live presentations for the past 15 years.
- Conducted a confined space assessment and confined space program development and implementation for a national food production facility. The assessment involved approximately 150 confined spaces.
- Conducts initial and annual HAZWOPER, and D.O.T. HazMat and security training for multiple ethanol refineries, the CITY of Lubbock Solid Waste Department, TCEQ, and several chemical production and distribution companies.
- Developed and implemented a sub-contractor safety program for a major regional contractor. Conducted site inspections and trainings to verify compliance with the safety program elements.
- Provided onsite safety management for regional contractors on large scale roofing and demolition projects.
- Conducted D.O.T. type audits of fleets of up to 200 vehicles and drivers to determine and correct compliance issues.
- Conducted accident investigations throughout many industries to determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Conducted site safety and risk assessments, including manufacturing, construction, agricultural, and food productions worksites.